Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The Paperwork is on its Way

I am delighted to report that our documents were FedEx'd to Ukraine on Monday, May 7. They should arrive next Tuesday. It took 10 days to get the documents to the Florida Secretary of State for apostilles and back again. I mailed them out the next business day. I feel as though I am an expert at the paperwork now.

Our main translator is Valentina. I have heard nothing but positive things about her.

We are just over $5500 into the adoption. We expect it be come in under $25k total.

Now we wait to have the documents translated and submitted to the SDA. The SDA takes only a handful of dossiers per week, and then only on Mondays and Thursdays for dossiers from Americans. I spoke with our stateside facilitator, Cathy Harris, today. She guesstimated that we would be traveling in September or October. Of course that could change tomorrow, but if all stays on track as is then that sounds about right to me too based on what I have read on timelines. We will be pulling out our cold weather clothes early for Florida standards, but we will certainly be sick of the heat by then too.

No comments: